Beauty in the midst of a mess
3/17/2017Today I wanted to talk about capturing beauty in the midst of a mess. Literally. I can't tell you how many times a client will shy away from taking photos in their home because they tell me their "house is a mess." Listen, I get it. You just had a baby a week ago and there is stuff strewn everywhere. Or you have a pair of toddlers who you might liken their playing in your living room to turning on a blender with the lid off. That is real life.
First off, real life is what it's all about, right? We are capturing these beautiful people who turn your life into said chaos. My toddler was taking a nap and I decided my little man needed to do some tummy time on the bed. The light caught him perfectly so in a doting mom fashion, I took some pictures.
In these images, do you notice the antacids on the nightstand? How about the toddler footed jammies at the foot of the bed? The pink bed-skirt that needs to be put in the closet? No?
Good. Because I feel that a great photographer will be able to identify places in your home and with just a teeny bit of moving things around, if that, capture beauty in the midst of a mess. And I promise your "mess" isn't even as bad as you think.
| My bedroom as it happened to be this afternoon
I hope you won't be shy next time your house might not be in catalog shape during a session. Because trust me, the beauty is in who lives there.
|

0 comments